Tuesday, July 3, 2018

~Refreshed Soul On Fire~

Join me on this hot July day...sipping my iced tea from my Libby goblet. It is so refreshing! Speaking of refreshing...it is a good time to refresh your soul. Your soul.....the moral nature, the quality that causes emotion and sentiment, the spiritual and moral force...

As I have mentioned, Father has told me to read through the Psalms. For me, He has told me not to read any other "Christian" books at this time but to focus on the Psalms. I am learning why! So much "soul" is written into the Psalms. There are moments of refreshing, moments of heart cries to God, moments of proclaiming very passionately how God is truly needed, exclaiming that Father God is our Rock...our fortress. He is our stronghold! I am seeing and grasping what Father God wanted me to glean from the Psalms. Also, He was wanting me to be obedient...DO what He says!

Yes! The Psalms are full of "soul". I am going to start now saying, when I write to you I wont apologize for what I say as I am speaking Truth in love. Think what you want of the writer here, but this lady is bursting inside her head and dancing with Jesus. Our dances vary. I am not one to burst out what I know as Truth or what I believe. I do so in more subtle ways. Sometimes here when I talk to you, I don't hold back as much as I do verbally. Writing is my passion and Father wants me to talk with you :) 

Your soul...that moral nature, the quality that causes emotions and sentiment, the spiritual and moral force...needs tended to.

So, how do we tend to our soul? Return to that familiar Psalm. The twenty third Psalm. I chose the familiar although there are several written about refreshing and resting in Father. When you read the Psalm, don't just say to yourself, "yeah, yeah I know this one" and read over it quickly...focus...focus on the familiar Psalm.

Verse 1~ The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.

What does that mean to you? I am giving not answers here as my hope is that you are in a quiet place listening to Father God. What does this mean to you?

Verse 2~ He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters.

Oh how wonderful! Notice that it isn't suggested that you lie down...you are MADE to lie down...it is NECESSARY to get the rest for your soul...so..Go with me to that lush greenness! Imagine the plush and lush green pasture and lying in it looking up at the wonders of the sky. Truly make the time to absorb Jesus and rest and refresh. You can hear the quiet waters nearby...the trickling of water over the rocks.

Verse 3~ He refreshes my soul, he guides me along the right paths for His names sake.

Allow your soul to refresh in Him...Speak His name a few times...Jesus...Jesus...Jesus...let HIM fill your soul...oh and when He does...WOW!   then he will guide you along the paths He wants for you. Talk with Him. Seek His guidance.

Verse 4~Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil for You are with me. Your rod and your staff they comfort me.

No matter what you are dealing with at this time of your life, there is no reason to fear (or worry). Father God is right there with you. As the shepherd to the sheep, He guides with His "rod" and "staff". As long as you are with Him, He will keep you in His Peace...His comfort.

Verse 5~You prepared a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil. My cup overflows. 

Because Jesus is with you, you can "rest" (not worry)  easy and go about your life.  Preparing the table with your enemies present...What is God telling you that means for you?  Anointing your head with oil in the days of David was a generous gesture saying he was an esteemed guest. How Father God wants to lavish you with such esteem.

Verse 6~Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever! 

As you continue to follow Jesus...staying close in communion with Him and living as He would want you to live...His goodness and love will be with you ALL the days of your life and you will be with Him when He receives you into His Kingdom.

Now, my friend...now you have refreshed your soul! This is where there are no apologies in speaking Truth! You can have that inner dwelling of the Holy Spirit! He can fill your soul! He can light you up from the inside out! He gives you that same power that raised Jesus from the dead! WOW! That' is a LOT of power in Jesus name! Amen!

There is so much to be given you when you are a Jesus follower! Remember to take the times to refresh your soul! Remember to be still before Father and really listen! Remember to be in His Word! Remember to talk with Him any time and anywhere! 

Know that keeping your relationship fresh and refreshed with Jesus, you will be able to do mighty things in the Name of Jesus and His mighty power! Take His hand...walk with Him...dance with Him...sing with Him...Be that soul on Fire! 




No comments:

Post a Comment