Tuesday, June 26, 2018

~Soul Cries~

Sitting here with a fresh cup of Super Irish Breakfast Tea, my "go-to" tea, pondering...thinking of the technologically challenged morning. The "system" is slow and stuttering. It has been all morning. So, I will sip,relax,enjoy, and write.

A while back I had said that God told me to read the Psalms. It's been pretty interesting. They are full of so much emotion. So much soul! During my Inspirational time with Father God, I have asked him, "why the Psalms?" I am learning "why the Psalms." Firstly, reading the Psalms, for me, was about obedience. Father told me to read through  them. I am! Secondly, there are different things I can glean from each Psalm. So many times the psalmist will cry out to Father God. So many times we cry out to Father God. The nifty thing is that Jesus taught us, when He was teaching His disciples how to pray, that Father is also our Daddy. Jesus used the word "Abba", meaning Daddy. So, when we speak from our soul, that emotional spiritual us, using the term "Daddy" is so much more personal....as the Soul would speak. 

I was reading in Psalms 55 today. David was crying out to Daddy. David speaks to Daddy from the soul. In verse two he says, "I am complaining to you! I moan to you!" How often are we like David. We go to Daddy with our complaints and moaning....and He listens! David moans because of his enemy. Someone who turned against him. A vow was broken. He lost a friend. 

In verses six and seven, David just wants to fly away on wings! He wants to escape! Be free from everything! Oh, how often do we feel like David? "Daddy, just let me fly away! Let me be free from what I am going through! I want to escape!" Our loving Daddy is always there for us to talk to...to comfort us. He knows what we are dealing with...and He will help us through it. Like David, we may "moan" day and night (verse 17). In verse sixteen, David knows that when he calls to God, He will save him. 

Our soul, our emotional spiritual us, is redeemed to safety from whatever the battle is (verse 18). David knows that the vow breaker will get justice. (V 19). David knows to cast his burdens to Father God because He will sustain him (v. 22). He knows that his foe will be cast to treachery. In verse 23 he declares, "I will trust in YOU!".

The soul...the moral nature, the quality that causes emotion and sentiment, the spiritual and moral force...The soul will be safely guarded by Father God, Daddy, as we go about living righteously...right living as a follower of Jesus. 

Our Daddy, knows our heart cries! He knows every moment of every thing we deal with! Daddy is the lover of your soul and He will never let it go! Our soul is protected in His loving hands! 

No comments:

Post a Comment