Monday, March 18, 2019

~Gentle Boldness~

Sipping my tea here again...how have you been? It's been a while since we have been here together. I had no intentions of being away for so long. Please forgive me. I have missed our time here!

I  have been having some wonderful Inspirational times with Father. I have learned something in the past couple of months...I have learned that I need to be still more. I had been doing so for a long time and then some "life" interrupted. Oh, I continued with my Inspirational times but they were more of me talking to Father, reading scriptures, and devotionals...but not being still and listening...not making that time.

The other day I made that time...and oh I am so glad I did...and will continue! I was home alone so I thought I would have my Inspirational time and listen to some praise/worship music on YouTube. I spent time in our Inspirational time (Father and I) then flipped YouTube on. That's not what was needed. Off went the music. The "noise". I needed to spend more time with Father...still and quiet time. I am so thankful for that time.

This is what Father impressed upon my heart....the words Gentle Boldness. I am that personality that has a difficult time speaking properly. Oh, writing is totally different. Writing is my oxygen! Writing is my way of expression! When I speak, my brain jumbles and words don't come out as I hope or they are not a tone I like. So, Gentle Boldness!

Let me explain...I was led to many scripture passages on being gentle. I have this neat application in my phone for note taking...so I posted the verses in that application under, "Gentle Living". Gentle Boldness is a lifestyle. 

In Philippians 4:5 (CSV) we read, "Let your graciousness be known to everyone. The Lord is near." How do we live being gracious? True graciousness demands that you have time for others. So listen. Be attentive to what others say. Respond without interruption. Can you imagine Jesus and a fisherman talking. The fisherman begins to tell Jesus about his huge catch of that day and Jesus interrupts and says, "Huge catch you say, let ME tell you about how I made the net break the catch was so huge!" Imagine the man sighing and knowing that he was not important enough to be heard. Jesus always made the time to truly listen. A gracious person does not dwell on themselves. A gracious person gives...time and ears.

Another verse is in Proverbs 16:24 (CSV), "Pleasant words are a honeycomb; sweet to the taste and health to the body." How do your words "taste"? Trust me, I know it isn't always easy to use "sweet" tones and "sweet" words. I believe it is even more difficult to use such language in the home because, well, "they know me at home and I can be myself". Who is the self you really want to be? Do you really want to have "tones" and "bitter words"? I don't. So, how do we go about speaking more gently, a bit sweeter? Well, a study on the life of Jesus in the gospels and how He treated people would be one way to learn. After all He is the Master. He is the true Life model. I also suggest talking to the Holy Spirit about having the right words, the right tones, the right attitude in dealing with all people. Trust me again on this as I know all too well how some people can simply get under your skin and it can be hard to keep gentle words and tones. But you  know what? You can do ALL things through Jesus who gives you strength. Talk to the Holy Spirit as you have your time reading the bible and praying. Ask Him for guidance and gentleness. Pray that if you need to speak boldly, your gentleness will be evident and the boldness well received. There have been times when I have been talking with someone and prior to each bit I say, I breathe a prayer on how to word things so that it is taken well. There may be some long pauses in your conversation if you are dealing with a situation that takes Jesus Boldness because you are taking the time to sort what you hear and you take the time to mentally pray for your words and tone.

In Ephesians 4:1b to 2 (CSV) Paul writes, "(I) urge you to live worthy of the calling you have received, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love." Humility is not letting people walk all over you. A humble Jesus follower is confident in who he/she is in Jesus; knowing where true strength lies...seeing the value of each person.

I didn't share all of the verses I logged in my application. I didn't want to overwhelm you. My hope is that I have inspired you to be a Gentle Bold person for Jesus. I hope that you seek out some scripture on gentleness and talk with one of the Three: Father, Jesus, or Holy Spirit about what you learn and read. Wait quietly. What needs to be changed in your mind, heart, and soul to be a truly gentle Jesus follower? Remember, gentleness is not acting as some sort of wimp. Gentleness has been defined as restraint coupled with strength and courage. I like that! We are strong (bold) because of Jesus and we are courageous because of Him and also because of Him, we can restrain ourselves.

My friend, as a Jesus follower, practice Gentle Boldness. Practice graciousness. Practice humility. Study the life of Jesus. Live as He modeled.

No comments:

Post a Comment