Wednesday, January 23, 2019

~Make The Appointment~

I sit here sipping my tea with you...it has been a while since we were together last...glancing out the windows I see a beautiful act of Father's creation...snow....all sorts of snowflakes coming down...it's a cozy feeling...

So much has happened since I last sipped tea here with you...I didn't mean to neglect you...I just got carried away in a variety of this and that's and I was also sorting things in my head...

I want to inspire you to set aside alone time with our Father. That is so important! Today I simply want to talk with you about time alone with Him.

I believe I have told you that every morning I collect up my things for my Inspirational time and make sure I have a cup of tea beside me. I have a place in my home that is set up for my Inspirational time. I have a comfy chair and a stand for holding my belongings in a quiet area of our home. I have sort of a mess of things that I deal with rather sloppily laid across my lap. I have my cell phone for the bible applications and highlighting (saving bible verses), I have a devotional book, I have my bible, and I have my journal.

I realize we all have our own ways of having time with Father and whatever works for you, do it!!! What I do goes with  my scattered mind...the flitty mind. First I set quietly with Father asking Him to show me what I need to learn form Him today. Secondly I read from the devotional book and go over any scripture there. I may pause to talk with Father during this time. I note the verses that "hit" me and save them in the phone and I turn to my bible with the paper pages, read the verse and mark up the page with thoughts that "hit" me, underline words, and write the date by it. After the devotional book, I pick up my cell phone to go to the bible application. I pretty much do the same thing with that as I do the book. As I go along through each of these devotionals, I will take a pause and write in my journal whatever comes to mind. When I am done with the devotionals, I sit quietly with Father asking Him to tell me what He wants me to remember from our time together. I stay quiet for a while. I talk to Him on and off. I listen. For some, sitting still and being quiet is difficult. Learn to do it! Discipline yourself! Sitting still with Father before and after our reading and learning time together is a MUST for me. In quietness I tune in to Him. I may or may not hear from Him but I am tuning in to our time together. Focus. When we conclude our "chair time", I praise Him and thank Him for all He has done and is doing for me or for others (I name them to Him in thankfulness). I talk with Him as a daughter would talk to her loving Father because HE is the perfect Father...the One Who has compassion...justice...love...peace...truth...When I am ready to get out of my chair, I finish up my journal by writing what I call Inspirational words for the day...something like....Trust! Hope! Life! Truth!

We can't all make the time in the morning to sit alone at length with Father. What I propose to you is this...each day set a specific time that is for you and Father alone. It is your "appointment" and appointments need to be kept. Start with the length of time that you know you will be able to give Father. Maybe you will find that is the only amount of time you can give or maybe you will discover that you can add more time to your appointment. Do what works!

When I think of what Father has done for me...created me for one...sent His only Son as a sacrifice for my sins...helped me through many health issues...and so much more...how can I NOT want to give of my time to be with Him? How could I go about my day giving time to family, work, church, social events, even cleaning...and  more....and let Him slip off to the side. How SELF-ish!

Father has given everything of Himself to me! Can I really and truly be so selfish as to maybe give Him a quick "hello" in the  morning or a "hit the pillow prayer"? Father is relational! He wants to be in your life! Give Him time!

As we go about our day, we can always carry on a conversation with Father. Just talk with Him as you would a good friend. I believe I have said earlier in my times here with you that I talk with all Three...Father my creator, Jesus my friend who teaches,is Truth, and is along side me as I go through life's issues, and the Holy Spirit who guides and comforts and fills me with Peace and Joy when I ask. All Three are worthy of our praise and thankfulness. They are always there and so easy to talk with. 

I hope that you are excited to have your time with Father (well really all Three). I hope that you understand the importance it is to your spiritual well-being. Believe me, your soul will sing! I hope that you will be giving of your time...as much as you can give Father. He loves you! He wants to sit quietly with you, teach you, listen to you, and comfort you! 

Make the appointment...Keep it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment