Tuesday, April 9, 2019

~Crave~

Sitting here sipping tea with you...I have been thinking through things I would like to share with you...

Crave...it's a powerful word with a powerful meaning...to have an intense desire for....and intense...strong or extreme...so, to Crave is a powerful act.

I think we use many of our words too loosely or without much intent. We use the word "love" weakly, "I love vanilla ice cream"...."I love horse back riding"...is a minor example.

To Crave...to TRULY Crave...it is that deep, down, strong desire like no other in your innermost being. That is an act I have been experiencing over the past few weeks regarding the Three...Father God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. From every part of me I have been craving more of the Three. So, here I sit, hoping that what is written here will inspire you to Crave...Crave like you have never craved before.

Oh, if I had sprinklings of "Crave dust" I would toss it over you so that it would land and absorb into your being. No one can force cravings. I will hope to help you see the need for the craving for the Three.

Ah, your walk with Jesus is good you say? You talk to Him and not just talking to Him about your "wish list" but you really talk with Him and listen? That's fantastic and I commend you for that! You read His word? Wonderful! 

I want to challenge you to make even more time for Him...The more time you spend with someone you love the more you want to spend with them. In this case it is a wonderful cycle. I find that the more time I read His Word, the more I want to read His Word and the more time I spend communicating with Him...the more I want to communicate with Him...and the more I am quiet with Him...the more I want to be quiet with Him.

I am able to meet with Him in the morning and often times I can meet with Him at length. I find myself not wanting to leave His presence. When I have to leave to get on with my daily life of housework, errands, paperwork...etc....I don't want to. I want to stay right with Him. Oh, I  know He is with me in all that I do all day long and I talk with Him on and off all day long...but it is different...there are distractions. My Craving is to be Still with Him...to learn from Him...to have the Holy Spirit quietly in me, guiding me, counseling me...I don't want to budge from where I am so that I can take all of Him in. Oh, I know that is not reality...life is out there...I have to go live and show people how they can know Him and how wonderful He is to have in your heart. But I truly crave Him as absorbing the sunshine as I sit on a beach...basking in the Sonlight.

So, the craving...how can it become part of who you are? Make time to be with Him. Read His Word. The more you read His Word the more you know and understand who He is. Study His Word. Focus! The Holy Spirit will speak to you...listen. When the Holy Spirit speaks to you, take it all in. You can also talk to the Holy Spirit. Jesus left Him with us to be our counselor. Jesus talks of this in John 15: 28 and 16:7-15 The Holy Spirit is Love and Truth. 

Jesus prayed for believers in John 17.
20 “I pray not only for these, but also for those who believe in me through their word. 21 May they all be one, as you, Father, are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us, so that the world may believe you sent me. 22 I have given them the glory you have given me, so that they may be one as we are one. 23 I am in them and you are in me, so that they may be made completely one, that the world may know you have sent me and have loved them as you have loved me.
24 “Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, so that they will see my glory, which you have given me because you loved me before the world’s foundation. 25 Righteous Father, the world has not known you. However, I have known you, and they have known that you sent me. 26 I made your name known to them and will continue to make it known, so that the love you have loved me with may be in them and I may be in them.”
Read those verses. Read them again slowly. Read them out loud. Read them out loud again. Hear what you are reading. 

I hope that you Crave...that you Crave all Three...that you strongly desire to know more, listen more, communicate more...Read that passage from John 17 again...out loud...listen to the words you speak. 

As you make more time for Jesus...you will crave more time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment