Wednesday, April 18, 2018

~Restful Rest~

I tried something new the other night. I had read about it that day, so I decided to try it. I have been having interrupted sleep for no real reason. I would simply wake several times a night until it was actually time to get up for the day.

I had no stresses. I had no anxiety. I ate nothing out of the norm. I would simply wake to the darkness and silence of my room. I would talk to God and ask if there was someone I should pray for. If there were, I would pray but the majority of the time, no one came to mind and God does bring people to mind when we are to pray for them. My sleep pattern of having no real sleep pattern continued for months.

THEN, I read something. Some of you may think it a bit odd what I am going to share but that is all right with me! I know my God and I know my heart, soul, and mind. I have shared before that I am that lady who has little girl-like faith in Father God. I am that lady who is that Warrior Princess filled with the Holy Spirit. I am that lady who has Jesus-y things dancing around inside her heart, soul, and mind but only allows some of that dancing to leak out so as not to freak out people who don't quite understand (yet) the fullness of Him. I am that lady who desires for all to fully understand all that Jesus is and all who the Holy Spirit is and the relationship with Father God. All three of the God-figure are so wonderfully awesome! I can't even begin to describe in any words how glorious all three are in each of their ways! Once you allow the trinity to be part of who you are, you will understand and God shows Himself to each of us in a variety of ways. What is it I read?

As I said, think what you will, but what I read is to do something before you go to sleep~after praying. Of course quieting your mind is essential, but as your head lies on your pillow, when you are ready to sleep, talk to Father God. What you request is short and simple. Ask Jesus talk talk to you in your sleep. I have been doing this for about a week. My experience? I fall asleep shortly after asking this of Him. I still wake on and off during the night BUT my sleep is more sound and restful and when I wake, I simply ask Him (again) to talk to me. I won't say that I hear Him in audible words. Some night I may. What happens is, I experience a very deep, calm, and sound sleep. I believe He speaks in stillness. In the calm. He IS the calm.

"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift his countenance upon you and give you peace." ~Numbers 6:24-26

No comments:

Post a Comment