Tuesday, August 7, 2018

~Praise~

I enjoy sipping my tea here with you as we share together. If you have been reading along here for a while you know that I have been reading the Psalms. I have read many of them before but now I am reading them in the order written in the Bible. There are a variety of emotions expressed in the Psalms. They were written by different people...some of whom I had not heard of before....you can check them out for yourself :) 

Sometimes I read just one Psalm a day. Sometimes I read a few...it all depends on the flow of the Psalms. Many Psalms repeat historical stories for the people of that day in order for them to learn from their past. Some of the Psalms are lamenting. Many give praise to Father. As we go back and forth in our emotional and spiritual talks with Father...praising Him, whining (lamenting)...praising Him....so does the Psalmist at times in the same passage. We are so human! 

We express our needs, wants, desires to Father. We know we sound so selfish in that as He has given us ALL we need. He is our strength! He is our hope! He is our Joy! He is our constant! He IS! As I said, it is so human to lament...or whine. Think of this, Jesus gave up the sounds of heaven...the singing, the rejoicing, the praising...to come to this chaotic world. Jesus gave up the beauty, beauty that cannot even begin to be described...to come to this world His Father created that has lost its "shine". Jesus gave up being side by side with His Father, to come to earth to walk among people and yes, still be able to talk with His dad but had to dwell among the people here who doubted Him, came to Him only for their needs, lied about Him...oh yes, some believed He said He was who He claimed to be. He lived here with people who were always wanting from Him.

Are we any different? There were some who "sang" His praises. Some understood that He was God in flesh as He claimed. They wanted to be near Him. They worshiped Him. One lady poured her most expensive perfume over His feet. Was that a waste? No! Jesus gave His all for all! This lady knew His worth! As I said, most WANTED from Him...Few PRAISED Him for WHO He was(is). 

We need to realize His "worth". Jesus, our Lord, gave up Everything for each individual person. He gave His life on the cross. Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing!”~Rev. 5:12

How is it then that we forget to give Him praise? We go about our daily life doing this and that. When troubles come, we are SURE to go to Him and tell Him our woes. Sure it is easy to praise Him and sing His praises when everything in life is peachy. Oh, we lift up our hands in our church worship services praising and singing...that is all well and good! Keep doing that! But out and about in our daily life...how often do we praise Him? How often do you thank Him for something minor...like remembering where you put your cell phone? or thanking Him for the beautiful birds that come and eat out of your feeders? How often do you tell Him you are glad for this or that? or that you are thankful for that one amazing friend in your life? 

We need to praise...praise...PRAISE...keep Praising! "They" say that when you do something for 30 days in a row, it becomes a habit. Challenge: as you go about your day, for the next 30 days Praise/Thank Jesus for small and large things in your life. It will become a habit! As you go about your day, shoot up a praise to Him on and off. 

"I will sing to the Lord as long as I live;I will sing praise to my God while I have being."~Psalms 104:33

Live that Psalm! Memorize it! Our Lord is so worthy of all of our praise! He is our Life and Breath! He is our Strength! He is our Peace! He is our Joy! He is our Savior! He is our EVERYthing! 

"The Lord is my Strength and my song, and He has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise Him, my father's God and I will exalt Him"~Exodus 15:2


Hallelujah!

Hallelujah~to boast in God, let us praise the Lord




No comments:

Post a Comment